No lengthy videos to watch, just practice with realistic data
Acquire in-demand, employable skills. Build your reference projects
Free Modules and Quick Reference Guide. No Credit Card Required
Get started for free. Full lifetime access. PC & Mobile.
Money-back satisfaction guaranteed*
Looking for additional income? Join our team as Program Affiliate
Applied Excel Analysis Professional Bootcamp44 Experiences $48.72
Applied Excel Analysis I: Pareto, Histograms & Dispersion Analysis15 Experiences $13.92
Applied Excel Analysis II: Time-series, Geo-mapping, Density Analysis, Maps13 Experiences $13.92
Applied Excel Analysis III: Survey Visualization & Text Analysis11 Experiences $9.28
Applied Excel Analysis IV: Waterfall Charts, Cost Benefit Analysis & NPV13 Experiences $13.92
Applied Excel Analysis V: Correlations, t-Tests, ANOVA, Causal Analysis17 Experiences $18.56
How much of Excel do we really use?
the estimated Excel users worldwide (source: Microsoft)
of them only use about 10% of its capabilities (source: Capterra)
What's the market for Excel Data Analysts?
Data analysis is among today’s fastest-growing and sought-after professions as organizations increasingly rely on data to drive their strategic decisions and implement new interventions:
The number of Excel Data Analyst jobs available on Indeed.com (US market, Dec 20)
Average Excel Data Analyst salary, Junior level. This increases to $91,580K with 5-7 years of experience (source: Glassdoor.com, US market, 2020)
With some raw data, Excel gives you the ability to extract the necessary evidence and valuable insights to define the right strategies and implement the right interventions.
This Certificate as Applied Excel Analysis Professional is designed to provide you with the skills, on-the-job support and reference projects to succeed in your work.
What you will learn and practice
If you're only using the basic Excel functions, you're missing out on plenty of features and methods that will benefit your organization. These Experiential Learning courses will allow you to harness the full power of Excel by learning and practicing your analysis skills on realistic data.
Get started with our free modules:
- Pareto Analysis & People Charts
- Dispersion Analysis & Box Plots
- Time-Series Analysis
- Treemaps & Lollipop Graphs
- Total Cost Analysis & Waterfall Charts
- Correlations & Scatter Plots
- Hypothesis Testing with t-Test
Download the Quick Reference Guide. No credit card required.
* Only Excel and internet access
Who We Are
We are a team of Learning and Performance Improvement Professionals with decades of experience in:
- Instructional Design;
- Performance Assessment;
- Performance Technologies;
- Learning Measurement;
- Data Analysis for Decision Making.
We believe that typical online courses need to change to keep up with business demands:
- Effective training is not about watching videos, listening to an instructor or reading documents;
- We need to go back to the roots of training and make the best use of available online technology;
- This is how we designed this bootcamp;
- This allows learners to develop and practice their skills in a safe and controlled environment.
Retain 75% of what you learn, not 30%
Videos, Readings, Listening to an instructors have learning retention rates below 30%. Practice increases retention to 75%.
Our courses apply the principle of Guided practice together with Gagne's Nine Events of Instructions:
- The expected Performance Objectives;
- The presentation of the Analysis Methodology;
- An Excel file with the steps and step-by-step guidance to conduct the analysis;
- All cases studies have a Self-Moderated Discussion to ask questions or provide feedback;
- A Practice Tab for you to apply what you learnt and conduct your own analysis. This is how you will create your own reference projects;
- A Skill Assessment to validate the outcome from your practice (feedback);
- The Quick Reference Guide to enhance learning transfer and skill retention.
At the end of the courses, you will be ready to start teaching others.
What does a Case Study consist of?
Each Case Study consists of (1) The expected Performance Objectives; (2) The Analysis Methodology; (3) An Excel file with the steps and guidance to conduct the analysis. The Practice Tab gives the opportunity to apply what you learnt by conducting your own analysis using realistic data; (4) A Skill Assessment to report and validate the outcome from your practice.
How long does it take to complete one module (one case study)?
It takes approximately 10 to 20 minutes to complete each module, depending on your Excel-skill level. Some of the modules are easier, other more difficult. In some cases like the Hexagon Map or the Text Analysis, the goal is not to recreate all formulas, but to learn how to use the existing templates. This will allow you to generate quick results with minimum efforts.
Who is this Excel course for?
(1) Anyone who wants to learn to apply data analysis techniques using Excel; (2) Anyone who wants to become good at using Excel for data analysis; (3) Anyone who wants to learn the core concepts of data analysis in Excel; (4) Anyone who wants to learn about PowerPivot, Pivot Charts etc.
What are the prerequisites to complete this course?
While the courses are not a replacement for a full-length statistics course, we will cover some essential concepts of statistics. You should be able to complete the modules with a basic understanding of statistics. Before you start this course, make sure that you are comfortable using the following Excel functions and features: (1) Prepare data with Sort, Filter, Find, Replace; (2) Navigate spreadsheets of more than 1,000 rows; (3) Use basic Excel functions like Average, Median, If, Cell and Number Formatting; (4) Create and configure Pivot tables; (5) Create and format simple charts: we will show you how to get the best of Excel with new chart types; (6) Activate the Data Analysis ToolPak.
Is this the right Excel course level for me?
If you are New to Excel or not comfortable with common Excel functions , this is not the right course for you. Complete first an "Excel for Beginner" course and cover Excel basic functions and features. If you know how to use the Excel common functions and have already conducted some analysis using pivots and charts, this is the right course for you. If you already have experiences with complex analysis in Excel, this course will expand your skill sets to additional types of analysis and provide you with ready-to-use templates.
Which software do I need to complete this course?
You need Microsoft Excel Version 16 or higher (2016 or more recent) and access to internet to complete the analysis. You do NOT need anything else: no API, no plug-Ins, no programming, no macros, no VBA, no additional fees. You can complete the practice sessions with an older version of Excel but some of the formulas and features such as the Excel map will not be available.
How does your Affiliate program work?
Please check our Affiliate program page. It contains the program details, financial conditions and FAQs. Go to www.applieddataanalysis.com/pages/affiliate or click below JOIN OUR TEAM AS AFFILIATE